Generally, the department takes charge of financial and administrative functions of the company. These include billing, revenue collection, procurement, expenditure management and control. Other functions include generation of management and financial reports both for internal and external users of information. Such support functions such as information technology and stock control and management are also under this department.
The main sections of the department are:
- Customer care
- Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
The sections are headed by qualified and highly motivated heads and supported by dedicated team of staff to ensure set targets are achieved in order to achieve the overall company’s mission.
The functions of the commercial department are interrelated with those of Technical department but is regarded more of a support department. However, its key responsibilities include;
- Timely, efficient and accurate billing for water, sewerage and other services
- Effective revenue collection
- Offering quality services to the customers
- Ensuring timely payment of internal expenditures and external suppliers of goods and services.
- Ensuring effective budgetary and cost control.
- Ensuring effective stock control and management
- Effective utilization modern information technology.
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements and set professional standards.
- Provision of timely and reliable financial information.
Some of recent key achievements in the department include.
- Upgrading of billing system to Majisoft billing software
- Implementation of customer complaints management software Majivoice.
- Use of sms and internet in bills distribution.
- Embracing Mpesa platform in revenue collection.
- Establishment of a modern customer care office