Functions and areas of responsibility
Generally this section is tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Ensures that the computer information system satisfies the user requirements and conforms to company policy, procedures and standards.
- Investigate and analyse system requirements and recommend on the best way forward, in consultation with the commercial Manager.
- Provide administrative and technical support to users and ensure proper usage and security of the information system, ensuring that any faults are rectified on a timely basis.
- Process data for use by the Commercial Manager in the production of monthly and year end reports, including assisting in the actual production of the reports.
- Ensure proper maintenance of both computer hardware and software, and ensure that up-to-date record of computer hardware is maintained
- Ensure that there is adequate system integrity and security, including physical safety and security of the computer hardware
- Ensure that up-to-date systems documentation and operations manuals are maintained
- Ensure proper system back-up to avoid loss of information in case of accidents
- Ensure that there are suitable control levels of consumables (stationery, printer ribbons, toner etc)
- Ensure bills are sent electronically through E-billing on a monthly basis thus saving on cost of printing as well as improve on revenue collection.
- Advise on the best use of the available manpower, computer hardware and software in order to achieve agreed targets
- Keep abreast with changes in technology and advise management on upgrades or purchase of new technology, as appropriate
- Train staff on the use of existing and any new technologies introduced
- Supervise, train, appraise and motivate staff in computer section
Expected Technological Advancements:
- Link our billing database with the website – this will enable our customers query their bills and pay promptly.
- Improve our M-pesa plat form to give customer feedback promptly on payments done.
- Link our database with GIS (Geographical Information Systems) – this will enable us locate our meters on the ground and curb loss of NRW (None Revenue Water) as well as generate vital reports which can help greatly in decision making.